Saturday, October 9, 2010

Dira turns 50

I have finally turned half a century and what a day. The day began with an early morning walk with Toni to find a hardware store that sells grout tints, very exciting, back home for breakfast and some fab pressies. Thank you all for your cards and wishes. Off to my final day at the glass school, Master Orsoni the guru of mosaics turned up to class to inspect our works and stood above my bench ranting in Italian to Antenello my teacher, she finally explained that in his opinion you would never mix orange and pink together the colors of my mosaics but he loved it. I got an early mark as I finished my piece by four then home to greet good friends drink lots of bubbles then out to a fine Venetian restaurant. Could not have asked for a better birthday to be spent with good friends. Wandered home along the quiet canals just after midnight. Last day in Venice tommorow will miss the quiet of our neighborhood.

1 comment:

  1. OMG Dira - just the best birthday EVER! Love your mosaic. Can't wait to catch up. Have a fabulous rest of your trip. Lots of love to you both

    ReplyDelete